But, unlike many child stars of the creepy movies that followed, the role didn’t kill her career as a working actor: She’s made more than 30 movies since, including 2008’s “Frost/Nixon,” in which she played first lady Pat.Now 74, McCormack says it was easier for her to avoid typecasting — and her fans’ expectations — in the days before the internet.“With all of that, it’s come to life again, in my later years,” Her “True Grit” performance nabbed her a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination in 2011 when she was just 14, but more recently, Hailee Steinfeld has been winning in the music world with singles such as “Starving” (with Grey and Zedd) and “Let Me Go” (with Alesso, Florida Georgia Line and Watt). Francis Ford Coppola, Producer; Gary Kurtz, Co-Producer Would you like to receive desktop browser notifications about breaking news and other major stories? Adaptation Score by Andre Previn, Herbert Spencer and Andrew Lloyd Webber )O’Neal stole the film in her screen debut opposite her dad, Ryan O’Neal, a Best Actor nominee himself for 1970’s “Love Story.” She “People say that he was jealous and maybe that was it,” she told the UK outlet. He’s just really selfish.”Trivia note: Jodie Foster, herself a two-time Best Actress Oscar winner, re-created the role of Addie in a After co-starring in the classic 1976 comedy “The Bad News Bears,” O’Neal struggled to find good work and made headlines for her stormy marriage (1986-94) to tennis great John McEnroe, which “After you win an Oscar, especially that young, you’d better kick out a pretty damn good performance every time you work,” she told Patty Duke was 16 when she re-created her revelatory stage role as Helen Keller in the 1963 film adaptation of “The Miracle Worker.” Frank Sinatra introduced her category at the 35th Academy Awards, and “West Side Story” star George Chakiris presented the statuette.Her award for playing the blind-and-deaf American icon launched a career that lasted 50 years.In 1964, she starred in a TV series, “The Patty Duke Show,” which ran for more than 100 episodes from 1963 to 1966.

Following several years of stage work, she joined HBO’s “True Blood,” which concluded a seven-season run in 2014.“It’s very endearing when people think they are fighting a fight on your behalf, but not really necessary. He currently stars in the Fox series “Almost Family” as fertility doctor Leon Bechley, who used his own sperm to conceive at least 100 children throughout his career.Haley Joel Osment first stole scenes as the son of “Forrest Gump” in 1994, but he Osment, then age 11, lost the 2000 Oscar to veteran Brit actor Michael Caine in “The Cider House Rules,” but his classic line — “I see dead people” — follows him to this day.“It still shocks me, like the cultural life of that line,” he At age 9 years and 20 days, early Hollywood child star Jackie Cooper is still the youngest nominee for the Academy Award for Best Actor.Best known for his tearjerking performance in “The Champ,” Cooper actually garnered his 1931 Oscar nod for the little-known “Skippy.”Although only 8 when shooting the film, Cooper, who was appearing in the “Our Gang” series at the time, is remarkably natural as the mischievous title character, She eventually beat out 4,000 other hopefuls for the role of Hushpuppy in “It’s something I would want everyone to do, especially teenagers my age,” Wallis said. Linda Blair turned heads as a possessed tween in 1973’s “The Exorcist,” and earned an Oscar nod, … Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Winners & Nominees. Nice To Be Around in "Cinderella Liberty" Music by John Williams; Lyrics by Paul Williams Her 2009 memoir, “I have always resisted putting limitations on myself, both professionally and personally,” Matlin, now 54, After standout performances in TV movies opposite the likes of Carol Burnett and Valerie Bertinelli, Timothy Hutton earned the coveted role of Conrad Jarrett in Robert Redford’s directorial debut, “Ordinary People.”The 20-year-old’s performance as a tortured teenager, struggling with guilt over the accidental drowning death of his older brother, made Hutton the youngest actor ever to win Best Supporting Actor.Jack Lemmon and his “Ordinary People” movie mom, Mary Tyler Moore, presented Hutton with the statuette for Best Supporting Actor at the 53rd Academy Awards.The second-generation actor dedicated his award to his dad, actor Jim Hutton, who died of liver cancer two years before at 45 years old.“This is the first award and I’m very nervous about what to say here,” Hutton said Hutton, now 59, went on to a full career in film and television.